Location is key. Not only does this property offer ski-in/ski-out mountain access, but with the Breck Connect Gondola making stops at the Crystal Peak Lodge, accessing downtown is simple, easy, and free! Hop on to access Peak 8 base for mountain access and dinning, or ride it down town. You will find yourself steps from the heart of Breckenridge’s downtown Main Street. Main Street is always bustling with dinning, shopping, music, art, and plenty of entertainment year-round. No car needed!
Denver to Breckenridge
From DIA – Denver International Airport:
- Crystal Peak Lodge in Breckenridge CO is 104 miles west of the Denver International Airport. Take Interstate 70 West to exit 203 at Frisco. Take Colorado Highway 9 South for approximately 10 miles to the base of Breckenridge Mountain.
Types of Transportation from Denver to Crystal Peak Lodge:
- By Personal Car – Whether you drive your own vehicle or rent from one of Denver’s car rental companies, the trip to Breckenridge is a beautiful two-hour drive up the eastern face of the Rocky Mountains along I-70. So, relax and enjoy the ride.
- By Shared Shuttle – There are shuttle services available at the Denver International Airport. In addition, Colorado Mountain Express provides reliable shared or private shuttle service from the airport to your front door at Crystal Peak Lodge.
- By Private Vans – Major car rental companies can be found adjacent to the Denver International Airport. Most are open 24 hours and stock vans, SUVs and other utility models suitable for transportation to-and-from the Breckenridge ski resort.
- By Limousine – Enjoy the luxury and convenience of private chauffeured travel from virtually any location in the Denver area including Centennial Airport and Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport.
How to Get Around in Breckenridge
With lots of transportation options, getting from Crystal Peak Lodge to the Ski Resort, around the town of Breckenridge and to other nearby ski resorts is effortless. So much so, you may want to expand your transportation experience and try them all just for the fun it. Don’t forget to ride the new high-speed BreckConnect gondola operating in the heart of downtown Breckenridge.
- FREE RIDE Shuttle
Breckenridge’s FREE RIDE Shuttle connects the resort’s base areas with free parking lots and also runs the perimeter of the mountain town with stops at the City Market, Ice Rink, Recreation Center, Columbine and Broken Lance Drive, Four O’Clock and Village Road, and Peak 9.
- Town Trolleys
Town Trolleys provide transportation services to the base area, downtown, and most in-town lodging. Trolleys run approximately every 20 minutes from 9:00 AM to midnight during ski season and approximately every 30 minutes during the summer months.
- Summit Taxi
Summit Taxi provides 24-hour local taxicab service in Breckenridge and throughout Summit County. This is an ideal choice for visiting and enjoying the nightlife in neighboring towns and ski-resort areas.
- BreckConnect Gondola
With a 10-minute ride time, the BreckConnect Gondola provides an integral link for skiers, snowboarders, riders and visitors while greatly reducing the need for shuttle transportation between the town, parking areas and the Breckenridge Ski Resort.
Travel to Neighboring Towns & Resorts
If you would like to visit neighboring townships or ski resorts, the Summit Stage Shuttle operates year round from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Bus service is available seven days a week, 365 days a year offering quality transportation to residents and guests between Breckenridge, Silverthorne Station, Wildernest, Copper Mountain, Summit Cove, Dillon Ridge, Frisco, Keystone, Boreas Pass and Dillon Valley. Click for a Summit Stage Schedule and Free Public Transportation Guide.
Other Area Airports to Breckenridge
From Colorado Springs Airport:
- Colorado Springs Airport is 110 miles southeast of Breckenridge mountain resort. Take US Highway 24 West and turn right onto Colorado 9 North at Harstel. This scenic route takes approximately 2 1/2 hours through the beautiful Pike National Forest.
From Eagle Airport:
- Eagle Airport is approximately 63 miles west of Crystal Peak Lodge. Take Interstate 70 East to exit 203 in Frisco. Turn right onto Colorado Highway 9 and travel south 9 miles to Breckenridge Mountain. This alpine route runs through the White River National Forest and takes approximately one hour.